[sf-lug] Linux schools project, Sunday, 10:00 a.m.

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 15:54:47 PDT 2010

Hi,

We are at it once again.  Our volunteers will be going into a local public
school this weekend to build a Linux network for a teacher.  If you are
interested in helping out, please email me here and please feel free to show
up Sunday, August 29, at 10:00 at the KIPP San Francisco Bay Academy at
O'Farrell and Scott streets.  There is plenty of free parking.  If you call
me at 415-351-1300 when you arrive, I will open the gate so that you can
park off street.  The Geary Street bus stops directly outside the school at
Geary and Scott Streets.  Please bring screw drivers and needle nose pliers
and circuit testers.  If you have Ubuntu 10.04 on a stick, that would be
helpful too.

This is the beginning of the 7th school year that there have been Linux
computers at the KIPP San Francisco Bay Academy!

If we get a lot of volunteers, or if we finish at KIPP, we will walk 3 short
blocks to the Creative Arts Charter School to work on Linux machines there.

We will have a free pizza lunch at 2:00 pm purchased by my very cool boss,
Al Stoll.

Thanks in advance for your interest in this project!