[sf-lug] threaded mail reader that includes sent messages?

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Fri Aug 20 07:59:53 PDT 2010

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010, Michael Shiloh wrote:

> Every so often I am reminded that when sorting messages by threads, no
> mail tool that I'm familiar with is able to include sent messages as
> well as received messages.
>
> (I am told that Google mail does this, but for some reason I don't want
> to use a web based mail tool.)

Alpine (and most other personal computer based mail tools, like
Thunderbird) can do this. Just set your "Sent mail" folder to "Inbox".
Bonus points if you do it all on IMAP.

Brilliant hack! Or bizarro world misconstrument of message metadata?

You decide.

-- Asheesh.

--
A classic is something that everyone wants to have read
and nobody wants to read.