[sf-lug] My favorite simple little Linux tips

Steve M Bibayoff bibayoff at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 19:54:31 PDT 2010

Hello,

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 5:12 PM, Mike Higashi <mhigashi at gmail.com> wrote:

> And while I'm at it, I should point out that when editing a long command
> from your command history, Control-A is the default keybinding for
> moving the cursor to the start of the line, and Control-E moves you to
> the end.

And for all you people who don't use emacs (I'm looking at you Michael
;-)  ), here are some other ones:
Control-< (Left_arrow_key)   Move back one word
(you could also use the Alt-< OR (if you are not at a xterm or like
window) Alt-b )

Most of bash shortcuts:
http://www.gnu.org/software/bash/manual/html_node/Readline-Interaction.html

(killing text, shown in killing commands section, is one of my favorite)

Steve