[sf-lug] email duplication

Robert Briley dymondog at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 13:52:51 PDT 2010

I am having a problem with email appearing as duplicates using both thuderbird and evolution.  Not all messages are duplicated but many are.  I have done some checking and it appears that part of the problem is that a single letter will be sent by more than one path.  That is many of the duplicates have the same title and message, but the path in the headder shows that they originated as one message but that message at some point was handed off to 2 different mail servers.

I thought that evolution was only concerned with the title and time when deterrnining unique emails.  Is this a problem with the server or do I still need to do some tweaking on my clients?  How can I stop this problem?

Rob

Hate destroys a man's sense of values and his objectivity. It causeshim to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and toconfuse the true with the false and the false with the true.
- - Martin Luther King, Jr.