[sf-lug] Forcing a greyscape JPEG into RGB colorspace?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Jun 14 17:10:23 PDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 02:08:19PM -0700, Mike Higashi wrote:
> I'm sorry, I don't know.

Heh, no problem. :)

> I was just going by what "man ImageMagick" said:
>
>       -colorspace <value>
>               the type of colorspace
>
>               Choices  are:  GRAY,  OHTA,  RGB,  Transparent, XYZ, YCbCr, YIQ,
>               YPbPr, YUV, or CMYK.
>
>               [some details snipped]
>
>               The -colors or -monochrome option is required for this option to
>               take effect.

Interesting.  My "man ImageMagick" doesn't discuss the options for
each command.  And "man convert" just shows one-liners for each option
(as I showed before).

My ImageMagick man page is dated:  Date: 2005/03/01 01:00:00
I'm on Kubuntu 9.04.  And you?

In any case, it looks like "-type TrueColor" might be the magic (so to speak)
that I was missing.  Still need to confirm it.

Thx!

-bill!