[sf-lug] [JOB POSTING] "Release Engineer", San Francisco, >= SF minimum wage ($9.79 per hour or better)
jim at well.com
Wed May 12 17:47:56 PDT 2010
"Release Engineer", San Francisco (SOMA, near CalTrain), >= SF minimum
wage ($9.79 per hour or better)
BabyCenter is the leading destination on the Internet for new and
expectant parents, reaching over 7 million parents each month. We have
a significant technical infrastructure consisting of 20+ public web
properties, multiple code release per week and numerous development
teams. Our systems must support over 7 million page views per day
while maintaining 99.99% availability.
We are looking for someone that:
* Is a real team player, with leadership ability
* Is a smart, agile, flexible thinker; knows what s/he thinks and why
* Is a clear and concise communicator in both written and verbal forms
* Is outgoing, proactive, extroverted, articulate
* Has a track record of identifying creative and appropriate techniques
* Is a cultural fit for BabyCenter: collaborative, hard working,
positive attitude, bias for action over analysis, works well in a
fast-paced environment, multi-tasker, and proactive!
Specific Job Responsibilities:
* Collaborate with Development, Network Operations, and QA teams to
develop and maintain continuous integration and nightly build
* Develop, manage and maintain rollout processes and procedures for
multiple high availability environments (Development, Integration,
QA, Staging, Production).
* Administer, manage, maintain and tune source control system
* Develop and maintain automated reporting tools relating to
* Work closely with the engineering team to provide a unified tool
set for development and release management.
* Maintain and coordinate release calendars including running the
daily Change Management board meeting.
* 5-8 years working in a Unix/Linux environment
* More than 5 years experience as a System Administrator, Developer,
or Release Engineer
Desired Skills (at a high level of competency):
* General Release Engineering methodologies
* System Automation
* System Monitoring
* Maven/Ant/Continuum/Cruise Control/Subversion
* Perl programming
* Solid understanding of networking concepts
* Excellent verbal and written communication
Desirable Background and skills:
* A degree in computer science or a related field
* Programming background in any applicable language
benefits, etc.: http://careers.jnj.com/careers/global/rewards/
contact: send resume to: Michael Paoli <michael.paoli at babycenter.com>
see also (may not (yet) be listed):
This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by
reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. If you
are the intended recipient, please be advised that the content of
this message is subject to access, review and disclosure by the
sender's Email System Administrator.
More information about the sf-lug