[sf-lug] Now is the Time to hate Apple?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Apr 13 14:48:48 PDT 2010

I wrote:

> E.g., the Samsung's bootloader would refuse to boot with a non-AT&T
> SIM chip present.

Apologies for including this sentence without context.  I had copied and
pasted part of an explanation I'd written some months ago on a different
mailing list, and forgot to snip out that particular sentence.

In original context, I'd explained how I'd telephoned AT&T Customer
Service and gotten the SIM-unlock code for a Samsung cellphone,
originally used by a subscriber to AT&T's GSM cellular service, so I
could use it with a different vendor's SIM.