[sf-lug] Now is the Time to hate Apple?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Apr 13 12:03:59 PDT 2010

Quoting Bobbie Sellers (bliss at sfo.com):

>    But had you seen this yet:
>    Apple has updated its developer terms, these new terms will shut
> down many
> current developers, and disallow many popular game engines and other apps.
> Now is the time for us to band together, spread the word, and help
> Stop The Madness.
>
> http://stopthemadnessstevejobs.com/wordpress/

No, sorry, that's dumb.

The best way to "stop the madness" is to completely ignore iPhones,
iPads, iPod Touches, and other DRMed computing devices.  It should be,
for starters, beneath our dignity to join efforts to lobby Steven Jobs
to redecorate the cells of that particular user prison, not to mention
the entire matter being irrelevant to Linux groups in the first place.