[sf-lug] [JOB POSTING] Product Architect, Menlo Park, $90K to $120K

jim jim at well.com
Fri Mar 26 10:12:39 PDT 2010

I am leading the search for a seasoned Product Architect with expertise
in large scale web applications and multi-tiered systems for oDesk
located in Menlo Park, CA, $90K to $120K. I have included a brief
description of the position and company below.  If you are interested
in pursuing this opportunity or learning more please reply to
jnekton at odesk.com with a formatted copy of your resume and I will follow
up with you to discuss.
James Nekton
jnekton at odesk.com

oDesk is home to hundreds of thousands of service providers in over 100
countries and more than 75,000 employers that have come to hire, manage,
and pay their online workteam.

More work is done on oDesk than on any other online work marketplace.
With over 2X growth in each of the past three years, oDesk was recently
added to the Inc. 500 list of fastest growing private companies and
selected as the People's Choice winner at TechCrunch50.

We have raised $29 million from top-tier VCs including Benchmark, Sigma,
Globespan and DAG Ventures. Every day, thousands of people in over 100
countries earn their living through the oDesk platform, working for
companies around the world. More than $7 million passes through our
system every month (80% overseas), and we plan to double again this
year. Our mission is to change how the world works.

Product Architect

This is an opportunity for the seasoned architect to help shape the
technical direction and infrastructure of the world's largest online
workplace and marketplace for distributed work-teams and free-lance
talent. Your honed SaaS architecture skills will be called upon to lead
our design and engineering efforts as we continually optimize and
enhance our revolutionary online system.

Based in our Menlo Park, CA headquarters your focus will be to lead the
technical design and development of our highly sophisticated web-based
system. Rock solid PHP, Perl, JavaScript, Apache, Linux and PostgreSQL
skills will be required to succeed as will the ability to work
effectively with remote people across different time zones utilizing
online workplace software. Previous experience engineering online
marketplace or collaboration software will cement the foundation needed
for you to lead our design and development initiatives. Our
cross-functional development environment and quick release cycles keeps
our highly-respected engineers engaged, challenged and their technical
edges sharp.