[sf-lug] Anyone here have Ubuntu Enterprise cloud expience?

Grant Bowman grantbow at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 00:28:34 PDT 2010

Hi Aaron,

You might ask on another mail list for better response.

FYI, there was a cloud SIG this evening at VMware in Palo Alto
sponsored by IBM, Microsoft and HP that you might be interested in
attending next month.  Unfortunately I missed it tonight.
http://sdforum.org/index.cfm?&pageId=652

I have played with the Ubuntu Enterprice Cloud (UEC) and
http://open.eucalyptus.com a bit (instructions from the
open.eucalyptus.com wiki were required to get started) but for "nodes"
the xen packages for Lucid don't seem ready yet and I don't have any
extra hardware that supports the AMD-V or Intel VT processor
extensions required by KVM.

Cheers,

Grant Bowman
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam