[sf-lug] Linux backup software .. that meets unique requirements

Alex Kleider a_kleider at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 10:38:57 PDT 2010

>From what I've understood of the discussion that the two Daivds have been
having: the solution is to
"ecrypt locally and back up globally."

i.e. use enc-FS for sensitive data locally and back up it's encrypted
version "globally" i.e. off site.

The only problem is that any change to any file will make the encrypted
version completely different so changed files will be backed up in toto
rather than just a 'diff' being sent over.
I don't think there is a way around this.

ak