[sf-lug] linux friendly tax preparation

Eric Walstad ewalstad at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 14:29:13 PDT 2010

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Alex Kleider <a_kleider at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've finally severed my long standing relationship with TurboTax (which doesn't work on Linux- and this year I couldn't make their disc  work on Mac OS X either.)
> I thought it would be easy to simply use an on-line facility but it turns out that TurboTax, H&R Block and JacksonHewitt do NOT support browsers running under Linux.

I just finished my taxes using the online version of TurboTax with
FireFox on 32bit Ubuntu Karmic.  Although TurboTax's website gives me
a warning that my browser might not be compatible, I've never had a
problem using FF.  TT *did* refuse  work with Chrome, however.

> www.taxslayer.com does work (and at a cost much less than what I was paying turbotax.)
> Thought you might like to know.
Yeah, that's good to know about, thanks.

Eric.