[sf-lug] stop-action video animation editing on GNU-Linux at the Creative Arts Charter School!

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 10:39:49 PST 2010

You're extremely kind. My contribution is minor compared to all the
energy and time you have contributed.

I hope (someday) to set up a computer lab at The Crucible, where I teach
in Oakland (www.thecrucible.org), and I expect we will use a similar
setup. Linux certainly, no question there.

An additional class I'd like to see, and one which I think would greatly
interest the younger students, is the ability to sample and crop sounds,
both recorded and live, and then to do simple mixing, overlaying,
sequencing, etc.

I know there are a host of extremely powerful applications to do this,
but what I'm looking for is something that is very simple and has
perhaps only the basic features for beginners. Any suggestions?

Michael