[sf-lug] Free hot luncheon at Mission Beacon this Thursday

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 12:37:36 PST 2010

Jim Stockford tells me that I don't post enough reminders and notices about
our Linux schools event, hence this email.

This Thursday will be another hot luncheon from 3:30 pm to 4:00 pm at the
Mission Beacon Center at 450 Church Street at 16th.  It is best to arrive
early, say by 3:15 p.m., because the luncheon really is served very promptly
at 3:30 and sometimes is over by 3:50 or so.  Kids eat fast, and then the go
back to the community room.  I am going to leave attached my prior post on
this topic for further info.

Last week saw the arrival of SF Supervisor Bevan Dufty, who was introduced
to Linux as a result of the excellent community outreach by the Beacon
Center's Executive Director, Valerie Tulier.  If you like Linux and you like
to do outreach to simple end users, the Mission Beacon Center is an
excellent place to do that.  Also, this is a chance to broaden our community
to include more Latin and African American influence, as there is a strong
presence from both of those communities at the MBC.

Also, last week Grant Bowman was able to install Linux on notebooks of two
of the staff members of the Mission Beacon Center.   That is just one
example of the outreach opportunities that abound through the MBC.