[sf-lug] Asheesh Chopra's MLK day of service

Israel Lopez-LISTS ilopezlists at sandboxitsolutions.com
Sat Jan 16 20:34:31 PST 2010

That CNN article was about US today!  CrisisCamp LA, DC, etc,.

We had Fox 11 TV, Los Angeles Times, and various university reporters
were buzzing questions about what we were doing.  Even though, it was a
bit of a cluster... we made the human connections and commitment of
getting some of these projects done.

On one of the projects we just got free Google App engine hosting, this
could not have been done unless we had the right people with the right
connections in the room at the same time.

-Izzy