[sf-lug] Asheesh Chopra's MLK day of service

Michael Paric mparic at compbizsolutions.com
Sat Jan 16 11:01:33 PST 2010

> hi,
>
> Asheesh Chopra's announcement for tech volunteerism:
>
> http://blog.ostp.gov/2010/01/15/demonstrate-a-technologist%E2%80%99s-spirit-of-generosity-on-martin-luther-king-day/
>
> Essentially, the US CTO Asheesh Chopra is trying to get people to volunteer for tech work in their communities.  He is kicking off his push on MLK day.
>
> Unfortunately, the earthquake in Haiti totally scrambled his schedule, and so he just got this notice posted today.
> Producer, The Digital Tipping Point _______________________________________________

Check out this program resulting from the Haiti crisis; I think a better way for tech to volunteer time and knowledge:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/01/15/haiti.tech.camp

Note the one possible project "Building an open-source base layer map of Haiti that can be used by nongovernmental groups and others working in the country".

Michael Paric
Computer Business Solutions
www.compbizsolutions.com