[sf-lug] Mission Wednesday

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 19:28:51 PST 2010

hi,

Just a reminder, tomorrow is SF-LUG night at Noisebridge from 6 pm to 8 pm.
Before that time, I will be at the Mission Beacon center from 3 to 6 pm at
450 Church Street teaching a community center to use the GIMP on the 10
Ubuntu machines they have there.

We are forming a nice little cluster of Linux users in the Mission.
Noisebridge is just about 6 blocks from the Mission Beacon Center.  So
anyone who is wanting a big block of Linux community outreach time will be
able to come to the Mission Beacon center from 3 to 6, and then to
Noisebridge from 6 pm to 8 pm.

And halfway in between Mission Beacon and Noisebridge is Pancho Villa, which
has some of the wold's best burritos.

It is nothing short of heart-warming to see the people using the Ubuntu
Linux machines at the Mission Beacon Center.  They had no working computers,
now they have 10 working Ubuntu Linux computers.  And the kids push and
shove to get time on these machines.  Awesome.