[sf-lug] Getting wireless working

Shawn Lewis shawnisalk at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 15:06:53 PST 2010

Thanks very much for the thorough reply! I'll look through it and see what
there is to learn.

In the meantime, I wanted to share, I made Network Manager work for me:
1)  In /etc/network/interfaces, I commented out everything but the loopback

2)  As a result, both ethernet and wireless adapters got working via DHCP

3)  In network manager, I added a new wired connection "Eth2" with static
addresses (and made sure to plug in the MAC address of the card)

4) Then I deleted the "Auto Eth1" connection...

And I'm in business.