[sf-lug] hp laptop screen

BillHill aropoika at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 25 12:48:46 PST 2009

Hello 'Luggers',
Well, the other day I finally received the replacement screen I bought for Mikki's hp (pavilion zv5000) laptop (that she got from sf-lug folks, which subsequently 'died' and was diagnosed at our coffeehouse meeting a while back as a 'dead screen', since video did show up on an external monitor).  I installed the *new* screen and its still 'dead', I'm still puzzled, and will be at noisebridge tonite hoping someone can help figure out whats next.  I'm thinking it may be in video driver circuits, as software/live cd/etc seem to work/beep/etc but just can't see anything on the *new* screen.

--billhill