[sf-lug] Potential GPL violation, with the potential intent to victimize our Elderly loved ones

Jesse Zbikowski embeddedlinuxguy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 15:17:34 PST 2009

I did in fact ask RMS about this and found his answer extremely
interesting in a very you-had-to-be-there kind of way. In fact I was
strongly reminded of a parable from the Principia Discordia which I
excerpt below:

A serious young man found the conflicts of mid 20th Century America
confusing. He went to many people seeking a way of resolving within
himself the discords that troubled him, but he remained troubled...

His worrying and meditation were disturbed when, as if in a test of
his faith, ordure fell from the second floor onto him. At that time
two people walked into the room. The first asked the second who the
man was sitting there was. The second replied "Some say he is a holy
man. Others say he is a shithead."

Hearing this, the man was enlightened.

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/book/12.php