[sf-lug] SF-LUG/BALUG IPs, DNS, etc. [DO NOT "REPLY-ALL" (unless can post to both lists)]

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Fri Nov 13 10:19:16 PST 2009

Quoting jim <jim at well.com>:

>    don't know why i didn't think of it earlier:
> can we just swap ip addresses? set balug to use
> and sf-lug to use it's original
> ip address then we can tweak the
> dns stuff in the sf-lug vm to be what it was on
> the tower rather than figure out how to adjust
> everything for new dns server ips?

Ah, ... excellent point(s) ... I missed noticing the subnet reuse.

Let's go ahead and have be SF-LUG again (I've taken BALUG
off of that IP), and be BALUG again.  That way at least
each LUG remains on its same IP (even if we still have different hosts
(virtual or otherwise) at those target IPs compared to before

So, feel free to proceed on SF-LUG, as BALUG should be out of your way
( IP available for use by SF-LUG again).