[sf-lug] Can't seem to watch this movie

Micah Lee micahflee at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 12:21:25 PST 2009

I've noticed that several uber-proprietary Flash-based streaming video
players basically suck and don't work with Firefox and Adobe Flash in Linux,
but do in Windows or OS X. It seems like most TV networks (ABC, NBC, PBS,
etc) decide to do an awful job at reinventing the wheel when it comes to
playing streaming video in Flash. When all else fails, you could resort to a
Windows virtual machine.

Hopefully everyone will soon start using the HTML5 <video> tag, and that
should fix all of these problems.

Micah