[sf-lug] eula related refund

Alex Kleider a_kleider at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 20 09:31:55 PDT 2009

Discussions about the refund for NOT using preinstalled M$ OS were again renewed. Participants and others on the list may be interested in learning that I just now got notification of just such a refund.
Here is part of the notification:

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We're writing to let you know we processed your refund of $79.99 for your
Order xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx.

This refund is for the following item(s):

    Item: ASUS Eee PC 1005HA-PU1X-BK 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 10.5 Hour
Battery Life
    Quantity: 1
    ASIN: B002DYIXMI
    Reason for refund: Customer return

    Here's a the breakdown of your refund for this item:

        Item Refund: $79.99

We'll apply your refund to the following payment method(s):

Good luck to Bill Hill and any others who are still waiting. Keep at it.
I believe you will succeed.

The following might help:
here it is-
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/eula/home.mspx
The following is very near the beginning (towards the end of the second
paragraph.)
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, DO NOT INSTALL, COPY, OR USE THE SOFTWARE; YOU MAY
RETURN IT TO YOUR PLACE OF PURCHASE FOR A FULL REFUND
The few words that follow are a bit worry some but my strategy would be to
not mention them.

..it worked for me.

cheers,
alex