[sf-lug] Attn: Christian Einfeldt, et al. - Expanding the Linux userbase

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 11:52:54 PDT 2009

hi,

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Hayden Muhl <haydenmuhl at yahoo.com> wrote:

> How do we solve this?  Laptops.

This is one solution that Partimus is pursuing.  We are actively looking for
grants, but if anyone on this list wanted to be really helpful, one possible
avenue is helping us look for grants, such as Hayden suggested.  Partimus
would then write the application and submit it.

> IIRC, Partemis has, or is applying for 501(c)(3) status.

Partimus has had a 501(c)(3) status for a couple of years.

> I don't think this it would be prohibitively expensive to expect the
> students to covers some of these costs.

Many of the students whom we are helping living in households below the
federal poverty guidelines.  They get subsidized lunches, or they don't eat
lunch in many cases.  It is difficult to exaggerate how poor some of these
kids are.

Thx for bringing up this topic, Hayden.