[sf-lug] snag with XP EULA refund from Amazon

BillHill aropoika at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 22 10:11:48 PDT 2009

Well folks!
With the help of Alex last nite at the sf-lug meeting, I sent Amazon a request for refund on the windows XP that I blew off in the process of installing ubuntu on the TWO Asus eee netbooks that i recently purchased.  Alex says Amazon DID send him a refund when he sent them a similar request (email form on the Amazon website - as we did last night for me).  This morning I get the following reply from amazon - I'm contemplating what my next move should be, to optimize my chances of a refund.  Has anyone else had similar results?, and what did you do?

--billhill