[sf-lug] [JOB POSTING] Linux SysAdm Redwood City $40 to $50 per hour
jim at well.com
Fri Sep 11 08:04:40 PDT 2009
Red Hat SysAdmin w/ Cluster & Virtualization Experience sought for
large gaming client in Redwood City. 6 month contract. Salary
The requirements are as follows:
- 7 years Linux admin experience
- 5 years RHEL admin experience
- 5 years RPM management and admin experience
- 3 years working with MySQL
- Experience with Clusters, live and in production
- Experience with Virtualization (not just VMWare)
- Sound understanding of web services and related technologies (HTTP,
REST, XML, JSON, etc)
- Experience with Linux web servers (Apache2, nginx, lighttpd, etc)
- Experience with monitoring systems and components (nagios, cacti, etc)
Really nice to haves:
- Experience with Erlang
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Exposure to Jabber/XMPP
- Exposure to distributed / grid computing
- ejabberd administration and configuration
- Exposure to Google's Protocol Buffers
- Experience with second and third tier services and components like
memcached (or like systems), search applications (lucene, xapian,
sphinx, etc), etc.
- Exposure to scripting languages such as Perl, Python, etc.
- Exposure to functional programming languages.
- Exposure to the Facebook Platform, Open Social and or other web
services and systems
- Comfortable working in an Agile work environment.
- Plays games and occasionally keeps tabs on the gaming world/industry.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at
If you aren't available but know someone who may be interested please
feel free to pass this information along. We do offer a generous
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit our
website at www.mbg.com/
Mainz Brady Group, a technology staffing firm in comprehensive
employment and staffing solutions in Software Development, Finance,
Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Government,
Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications. We specialize in
Information Technology, Technical Sales & Marketing and Human Resources
staffing – on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
gaston phillips // sourcer
Technology Staffing for Portland, Oregon and California's Bay Area
gaston at mbg.com
Can you recommend talented, technical professionals who would appreciate
speaking with a recruiter? I value your referrals -- thank you
More information about the sf-lug