[sf-lug] S. F. politics and software policies

Paul Ward dssstrkl at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 12:56:13 PDT 2009

It seems to me that Google basically beat them to the punch already,
since Google Maps uses GPS info from cellphones combined with CalTrans
(and other similar government agencies outside of CA) info to show
fairly detailed traffic info. I imagine that if/when CalTrans starts
publishing IntelliDrive info, Google would wrap that into Maps. Plus,
after looking at the website, this whole thing seems typically over-
thought and over-engineered and probably won't come to anything big
any time soon.

Personally, I don't need another thing to plug into my car, I just
want access to the data so I can wrap it into what I'm already using.