[sf-lug] mastering CDs in bulk for Software Freedom Day

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Wed Aug 26 17:34:58 PDT 2009

Software Freedom Day is coming up fast. http://softwarefreedomday.org/

I was talking to Alex Kleider and Grant Bowman about it and we were
thinking of doing a mass CD duplication order for the Open Disc
(http://www.theopendisc.com/) or Open Education Disc for the event. We
(SFSU) have been doing open disc giveaways to students because bulk of
the users out there who need to understand FOSS are Windows users.
We've found that giving out Linux disks have a lower chance of use
compared to FOSS titles for Windows.

Would anyone in SF-LUG be interested in doing a bulk order? How about
other LUGs? (Please forward to other LUGs?) Orders over 1000 discs
tends to be cheaper (approx $0.30).

Sameer
--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Information Systems