[sf-lug] bonding 3G via bluetooth...

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Aug 21 15:31:35 PDT 2009

Quoting Dennis J Harrison Jr (dennisharrison at gmail.com):

> Well, I've been using the pre with tun and dhcpd as a router lately,
> so while they don't encourage you to use it this way, I don't see
> anyway they can make it against the eula and still give you evdo ppp
> on there at all.

It's simple how they (meaning Sprint, in the case of Palm Pre in the
USA) _can_ do that.  They just specify in the data-plan contract that
your entitlement is device-specific.  The telcos want to bill for
tethered usage as a premium service, even if it makes no difference
whatsoever in your monthly data allotment.  Why?  Because they smell
money can and can get away with it.

(Of course, they may or may not be able to detect your doing it.)