[sf-lug] Windows XP Home refund - New Netbook purchase from Amazon . . .

Grant Bowman grantbow at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 20:04:19 PDT 2009

Forwarding to sf-lug with Brad's permission.

Grant

Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 14:51:54 -0700
From: mai wurd <maiwurd at gmail.com>
Subject: [BALUG-Talk] Windows XP Home refund - New Netbook purchase
       from    Amazon . . .
To: balug-talk at lists.balug.org

Hello,

I bought a Netbook from Amazon.com. When I received it the OEM OS was
Windows XP Home.  I did not accept the EULA and emailed Amazon informing
them of this and requesting a refund for the software; per the instruction
in the EULA. The first response was a request to return the Netbook . . .
(A DUH!) I emailed them with a direct reference to the EULA text that states
the refund is to be issued by the vendor that sold the computer to you.
Within an hour I received an email notifying  me of the credit to my Visa
account for $75.  YEA!!!!

?  *Amazon.com Customer Service*

 to me

show details 10:52 AM (16 minutes ago)

[image: http://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gif]

[image: Follow up message]

Hello,

I'm sorry for the problem you had with this software and I regret the
manufacturer wasn't to be of much help.

I've requested a refund of $75.00 for the software Windows XP Home to your
Visa card. You'll see the credit in the next 2 to 3 business days.

Once the refund is complete, you'll see the refund at the bottom of the
order page: ?

I am running eeebuntu on the ASUS 1000HE and it is great. I added RAM (2GB)
turned off unused services and uninstalled all the software packages I don?t
use.

My Netbook is running lean and mean . . . battery life is excellent . . .
speed for all the task is much faster that Window 7 on my Acer Aspire laptop
(3GB ram) etc?

*WoooooHoooooo !!!!!!!!!!!*

*Brad*

--
Always think about positive affirmations before going to sleep. This spirit
guides our subconscious as we sleep and creates our reality.