[sf-lug] Thoughts on Google Maps vs OpenStreetMap and others...

Andrew E andrewevansc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 21:00:17 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm working on a mobile app on a LAMP stack. I was wondering what people's
opinions are on the various map choices out there. I've looked at (and am
using) Google Maps API to interface with, but I really like what Oakland
Crimespotting has done with OpenStreetMap (at
http://oakland.crimespotting.org/ ).

And I've heard OpenStreetMap guys on SF-LUG having parties, so that's cool.
Haven't heard of any Google Maps parties. Anyways, thoughts and pros and
cons would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Andrew