[sf-lug] Softphones, voip help

vincent polite vpolitewebsiteguy at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 12 17:11:32 PDT 2009

Hi,
I've become phone-less at this point in time. I've been thinking it would be nice to have something like MagicJack.  And thought this would be the time to do it. I would like to put the software/softphone on my laptop. Be able to use a headphone/headset, at home, or wherever I am. Have voicemail. And do it over the Internet. I guess this is possible, if kluge I together different services, and software? I'm not exactly sure how Google Voice works. You have to verify your number on a different phone, and a cell phone doesn't work. Oy Vey, what's a mother to do? Calgon, take me away!!!