[sf-lug] [LINUX USER QUESTIONAIRE] What makes a true Linux user?

PMPope pmpope at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 16:44:04 PDT 2009

as you areDear Mr. Janne, <tigakub at mac.com>elected to study the San
Francisco Linux Users,as you are, I am thrilled you have come to examine
us. Yet also to put yourself to task, as we say, and you, yourself so
aptly state:

/but to be a>  "participant-observer"
/

Please go here first: GNU GPL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html) &
RTFM, as LXers must often do the same. This isn't because, poor beasts
that we are, we have forgotten what we have read yesterday. The
innovations distributed inside the non-proprietary & Open Source w0rld
of LX & FSF & Mozilla (did you notice how they all seem to meld into an
intoxicating concoction?) are far more dynamic than those of the
corporate overlords, who bequeath updates and patches like handing out
'Scooby snacks' (i realize I may be dating myself with that one;^).

Here is an info page: http://www.linux.org/info/

& here the Debian page: http://www.debian.org {One of my personal faves}

But don't feel like you NEED to use that one {It's an acquired taste}.
You can use ANY distro you like: http://distrowatch.com OR get some news
about various distros http://www.distrowatch.net

& if all of this is somehow TOO OVERWHELMING you could simply come back
to this SF-Lug or any Lug (Worldwide) and ask for some more or different
help, in any language you could possibly speak. We're here for ya, pal.
This is called community.

Peace

PMPope