[sf-lug] [LINUX USER QUESTIONAIRE] What makes a true Linux user?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Jul 28 14:17:02 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 02:03:41PM -0700, vincent polite wrote:
>    Based on the emails exchanged, I wonder if a lack of social skills might
>    be apart of the identity.

No, that's simply "what's a true internet mailing list subscriber?" ;)

I have a true Linux user at home.  He's just over 2.5 years old, and
he uses our Roku Netflix Player (which happens to be a Linux-based device)
to watch Pink Panther and Kipper Cartoons, and Thomas the Tank Engine.

One of his first discoveries on the Roku, though, was the original
Star Trek, complete season 1.  So, unsurprisingly, he's also already
a Star Trek fan.

(Plus, I occasionally let him bang on my laptop to play with Tux Paint,
but he's still a bit young to be trusted with $1000 equipment.)

-bill!
(who now officially has more Linux _devices_ in the house than Linux computers:
two laptops vs Tivo, Netflix Player, NAS and GP2X.  Maybe the router, too,
not sure.  Don't care.  I just want things to work.)