[sf-lug] [LINUX USER QUESTIONAIRE] What makes a true Linux user?

Edward Janne tigakub at mac.com
Tue Jul 28 10:47:42 PDT 2009

Hi everyone. My name is Edward Janne and I'm an animation student at
the Academy of Art University here in San Francisco. As a part of my
curriculum I'm taking a cultural anthropology class and I elected to
study the San Francisco Linux Users Group for my final paper. The
theme of the paper is how being a Linux User informs identity through
ways of speaking, categories of people and things, and common likes or
dislikes. To gather this data I will post a series of questions to the
mailing list. There are no wrong answers. My aim is to understand
group identity from your point of view. Thank you all for your time.

-edj

Question 1: What makes a true Linux user?