[sf-lug] [Fwd: [FSF] Amazon, 1984, and what we're doing about it.]

Rohen Peterson peterson.rohen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 12:48:29 PDT 2009

I think one article I read on the issue pointed out that the Amazon system
deleted the content automatically once they removed the third-party vendor
that was selling licensed content illegally. Amazon stated they were
changing their system to prevent this from happening again.

I don't believe the issue is purely DRM. Amazon can't sell illegally copied
material, with or without DRM. If they are changing their system already, I
think the issue may be moot, unless you wanted to raise a larger question of
copyright.

Think of this as that time you first heard of that person who wrote a make
file with a clean option and deleted all of their code. You fix it and move
on.

Rohen Peterson