[sf-lug] SF OpenSolaris UG, July 27th meeting

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jul 17 12:12:30 PDT 2009

Quoting Rafael Vanoni (rafa-el at att.net):

> Hi folks
>
> The San Francisco OpenSolaris User Group is changing its monthly
> meeting's format to include technical presentations, and we'd like to
> invite anyone who's interested in hearing about OpenSolaris and some of
> the new stuff we've been working on to stop by.
>
> We're meeting on the 27th at 6pm at 660 3rd St, here's the current line up:

Good to hear about the group, which so far appears to _mostly_ meet on
the last Monday of (most) months.

Suggestion:  Put full details of upcoming meetings near the top of your
Web page, and point people to that Web page (not just to something on
Meetup.com) within each announcement.

Speaking of which, the group's Web page and mailing list are reachable
from:  http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/sfosug/

If the group actually cares about attracting new attendees, then "read
the archives to find out about next month's meeting details" and "This
location is shown only to members [of the meetup.com group]" aren't a
good way to do it.

Other arrogant and presumptuous suggestions:  ;->
http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Linux_PR/newlug.html