[sf-lug] Dell Ubuntu computers

Femtoghoti femtoghoti at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 10:50:15 PDT 2009

Dell's Mini9 and A90 (netbooks) ship with Ubuntu ... the distro they
ship with isn't so good ... but all the hardware is Ubuntu (and OSX)
compatible so it can't be that hard to install a fresh copy.

Eric

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 10:16 AM, Bobbie Sellers<bliss at sfo.com> wrote:
>   In case you don't have Linux shops like ZaReason in your neighborhood this
> url might be of interest.
>

> <http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/linux_3x?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&dgc=CJ&cid=27811&lid=646949&acd=10536941-2562472->
>

>   A Dell Inspiron15n laptop starts at $299 and can be customized
> considerably.
>
>   An Inspiron 530n desktop starts at about  $378 with a monitor.  Lots of
> customization available
> with this machine as well.
>
>   I was looking for other information and serendipitously chanced across
> this url
> which I had searched for earlier without particular success.
>
>   later
>   bliss.

"A careful man tries to dodge the bullets, while a happy man takes a
walk." - Mark Oliver Everett