[sf-lug] display totally effed

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Apr 14 15:44:43 PDT 2009

Quoting Jesse Zbikowski (embeddedlinuxguy at gmail.com):

> It sounds like you got an updated graphics driver, maybe switching
> from the free to non-free driver or vice versa.

Could be.  His description says nothing very clear about what happened
(undoubtedly because he's not sure).  All he really said was "I was
given some popup request to upgrade my desktop."  (Passive voice noted,
again without objection:  _Something_ did something, and Chadwick
doesn't know what.)

[Snipped: lspci to figure out loaded kernel module, grepping term.log
to suss out packages installed.]

Wouldn't it be more straightforward to just login on virtual console #1
(Ctrl-Alt-F1) and do

   grep Driver /etc/X11/xorg.conf | egrep -v 'kbd|mouse'

?