[sf-lug] All-in-One-Printer Recommendation

Steven Friese stvn_consult at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 5 10:34:02 PDT 2009

My mother is somewhat reluctantly using Ubuntu 8.04 and needs to replace her current printer.  She is looking for an all-in-one system and is threatening to return to Some_Other_OS unless she can find one that works (mostly) perfectly with Ubuntu.

I checked the Ubuntu forums for the printers we saw at the store and only the Epson Artisan 700 and 800 seem to have support, although there seemed to be scanner issues.

Can anyone recommend a current all-in-one that works with Ubuntu 8.04 along with as much instruction as possible to get it working?

BTW: she doesn't want an older printer, but something she can purchase immediately at Staples, Fry's, or some other retail store.

Thanks,