[sf-lug] Dinner

Mark Wood markwoodresume at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 13:53:15 PDT 2009

Dear sf-lug,

When I initially heard about this group, you were meeting at a coffee shop
(Javacat), conveniently located in the Richmond district. But for the last
couple meetings you’ve been meeting downtown at a Chinese restaurant, where
there’s a $13 dinner charge and $5 parking. I realize that’s not a great
deal of money, but in these tough times there are those of us who don’t have
a lot of disposable income, and adding a dinner to this discussion group
seems like a waste of money. And the eating part seems like it could be
distraction from the discussion. And, for me at least, it’s inconvenient to
get to that location, so it also wastes time.

Do you plan to have the meeting at this Chinese restaurant from now on???
Would you consider still having some meetings at the coffee shop?
Your fellow Linux advocate,
Mark