[sf-lug] Looking for projects

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Mar 17 13:44:48 PDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 10:15:23AM -0700, Hayden Muhl wrote:

> Hi, all.
>
> I was a first timer at the meeting last night, and I'm looking to get involved in one of the several projects currently underway.  I'll do just about anything, and am a solid coder if there's any of that going on.

Not sure what projects you're talking about (SF-LUG specific?
projects that SF-LUG folks happen to be working on?), but:

(1) if you're a student, you should look into Google Summer of Code,
    a great way to get involve in Open Source (you'll have a mentor
    during the process, and get paid $$$ if your project is deemed
    successful)

(2) I've got a lot of projects (games & such) that need love and
    attention, including my big one, Tux Paint :)

PS - I'm actually way out here in Davis.  (But distance is no excuse!
We had 4 guys drive 2hrs from Chico to attend the Davis LUG meeting
last night! :) )

--
-bill!