[sf-lug] problems with refresh rate under Intrepid

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 15:25:12 PDT 2009

hi,

I am using an ATI radeon controller in one of my machines.  I can't alter
the refresh rate, and it is driving my eyes out of my head.  Has anyone here
had experience changing the refresh rate under Intrepid?  Preferences >
Screen Resolution hasn't worked, since that GUI dialog box offers only "0"
as the setting for the refresh rate.  Also, changing the xorg.conf file
doesn't work, since Intrepid doesn't use xorg.conf or so I have been told.

Thanks in advance.