[sf-lug] Save the date! March 21 is the next Tenderloin Tech day

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 18:13:56 PST 2009

hi,

St. Anthony Foundation has set the next Tenderloin Tech Day on  Saturday,
March 21, 2009, from 10:00 a.m to 2 p.m 1t 150 Golden Gate Avenue at Jones
Street in the Tenderloin.  We will be demonstrating GNU-Linux to low-income
residents of the Tenderloin.  We will also be installing Linux distros as
appropriate on older hardware, so please bring your favorite distros with
you, along with an appropriate screw driver and needle nose pliers, stuff
that you would need for run-of-the-mill trouble-shooting on older hardware.
This is a brand-new, safe, clean facility for St. Anthony Foundation.

There is as yet no web page for this particular event, but we do have this
CNet video from the first Tenderloin Tech Day held at St. Anthony:

http://news.cnet.com/Tenderloin-Tech-Day/1606-2_3-6223419.html

This event will be a great opportunity to help get GNU-Linux into the hands
of people who need it the most; namely, people who really can't afford
legitimate Microsoft Windows installs, but don't yet have the skills to
install Linux by themselves.

Thanks in advance for considering this event!