[sf-lug] qimo

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sat Feb 28 19:52:07 PST 2009

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 07:40:22PM -0800, Larry Cafiero wrote:
>    Interesting. Not to pick nits, but it says:
>
>    "Qimo is . . . [b]ased on the open source Ubuntu Linux desktop . . . . "
>
>    Um, I seem to have missed that desktop environment.

Somewhere in there they say it's XCFE, I believe.  (Hence Sameer mentioning
Xubuntu.)  I think that'd be a fine UI for kids.  I set up a very basic
KDE kiosk for a coffee shop once, and I think I used a simpler environment
than straight Kwin + Kicker panel + etc. etc.

Frankly, I see that they've got a little Tux Paint icon in the taskbar
on their screenshot, and that's good enough for me to link to them from
the "People who Distribute Tux Paint" section of tuxpaint.org's "Links" page. ;)

Of course, Dell Mini 9 ads with little Tux Paint logos on them are even
better.  Heh.

-bill!