[sf-lug] [JOB POSTING] Linux SysAdm in Mountain View $85K or higher

jim jim at well.com
Tue Feb 24 08:56:26 PST 2009

Title: Senior Systems Administrator
Company: TrialPay (http://www.trialpay.com)
City: Mountain View, CA
Salary: $85k or higher, based on experience (market rate)
Benefits: Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life,
401k, and good vacation time
Contact: Mark Alfaro mark.alfaro [AT] trialpay [DOT] com

Company Overview:
E-Commerce Payment Platform TrialPay Shines in a Dark Economy
http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2009/1/prweb1908074.htm
TrialPay is a quickly growing, stable Internet startup company that
offers a unique alternative e-commerce payment solution.  We are
endorsed and promoted by thousands of premier merchants and advertisers
across the world.  And customers love what we do. TrialPay's sustainable
business model, leadership position in the market, and a healthy revenue
stream have allowed us to build a strong business. Leading venture
capital firms and individuals back TrialPay, including: Index Ventures
(Skype, Joost, last.fm, etc), Battery Ventures (Akamai, InfoSpace,
MetroPCS), Bob Pittman (former AOL president and founder of MTV), Ron
Conway, and executives from several top Internet companies.

Job Overview:
We are looking for a Senior Linux Systems Administrator to manage our
Web production environment, as well as maintain our development and
corporate environments. We have a rapidly growing infrastructure, so we
need to add someone to our small team that is familiar with building and
managing high availability, fault tolerant, highly scalable systems.
While systems administration is the focus of this role, there are also
some basic MySQL and networking tasks involved, as well.

Responsibilities:
·	Deploy and maintain servers- as well as switches and routers- to
expand TrialPay's infrastructure in a highly available manner.
·	Design and implement the security architecture
·	Tune and optimize our web services for performance
·	Tune and optimize MySQL databases for redundancy and data
availability/backups
·	Administrate our internal and external monitoring system
·	Configure and manage the open-source tools that we utilize
·	Assist in the release/push process
·	Help architect and implement new data centers

Requirements:
·	Extensive Linux systems administration experience
·	Extensive experience automating tasks with shell scripts
·	Extensive experience with high availability technologies like drbd and
heartbeat
·	Extensive experience compiling and configuring Apache and PHP
·	Experience installing and maintaining MySQL databases
·	Experience with LAN/WAN technologies and solid working knowledge of IP
networking