[sf-lug] QA guy looking for work

Thomas DiZoglio tomdiz at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 11:59:52 PST 2009

Hi,

My friend is a good QA guy and was laid off from Sony America awhile ago now. I figured I would post here if anyone needs a QA guy that really good. He is currently in school finishing his BA with a good grade point average in Business Administration. Please fell free to forward to anyone you might know. This includes head hunters, etc. Let me know if you need a WORD version and I can send that along. Below is a text version I pasted into this email. Any help from the list if greatly appreciated.
-------------------------
t0md

Edward J. Toomey
edwardjtoomey at hotmail.com
Mobile phone: (650) 219-1918

OBJECTIVE
To join an organization that will fully utilize my extensive project management experience, background and skills to produce quality results.

WORK EXPERIENCE
Associate Producer
Blue Shift Inc. – Mountain View, California
2006 - January, 2009
Responsibilities:
•    Managed project plans, allocated tasks to project team members while monitoring quality assurance and working within established timelines and budgetary controls.
•    Tracked and monitored approximately $1 million in project hardware and software and assisted with troubleshooting system errors.
•    Through initiative, assumed additional responsibility for other projects, thereby cutting the need for an additional Associate Producer position and allowing an extra engineering hire within the budget.
•    Generated reports and summaries in a variety of formats and levels of granularity (depending on audience) and organized, led and summarized action items from daily meetings with assigned publisher.
•    Reviewed and edited documentation and technical design documents.  Assigned and tracked tasks emerging from these documents throughout the project.
•    Supported team members by removing gating issues and dependencies, ensuring proper workload distribution and tracking integration of changes and fixes into the build.
•    Created comprehensive “How to” documentation to ensure consistency and proper use of systems and equipment by staff.
•    Supported a positive and productive work environment through frequent and open communication.
•    Key contact / organizational representative at industry conference with an international audience.

Quality Assurance Lead
Sony Computer Entertainment of America (SCEA) - Foster City, California
2001- 2006
Responsibilities:
•    Managed 30 contract employees in a team atmosphere to ensure proper test planning and project execution within established timeline and budget.
•    Tracked and monitored problem reports and change requests along with seeing them through to resolution.
•    Worked collaboratively with key stakeholders, vendors and others to ensure all respective agendas were incorporated and deliverables were met.
•    Interviewed new hires, including conducting routine personnel evaluations of those I supervised.  Trained, mentored and coached employees as needed.      M<
•    Assisted Quality Assurance management with implementing increased efficiency and productivity procedures and standards for the department.
•    Department representative at several industry conferences with an international audience as well attendance at several industry standard workshops and seminars.

EDUCATION
Notre Dame de Namur University, Belmont, California
2007 – Current;   GPA: 3.75
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with an emphasis on Technology Management

Academy of Art San Francisco, San Francisco, California
1999 - 2000
Classes were focused on the fundamentals of digital design and human form.  Coursework included:
     Digital Design  -  Digital Imaging  -  Figure Drawing  -  Figure Modeling  -  Color and Design

TECHNICAL SKILLS / WORKING KNOWLEDGE
•    Microsoft Project
•    Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator
•    File Maker Pro 5 and Dev track bug databases