[sf-lug] Dual Booting Linux Ubuntu/CentOS...Learning purposes

vincent polite vpolitewebsiteguy at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 7 13:05:51 PST 2009

I want to dual boot Ubuntu, already installed, and CentOS. Debian/Redhat. I wanted to create a virtual machine of CentOS using VirtualBox. But it just wasn't going to happen. I tried a straight install to the free space I have on my hard disk. But, I was told I have to many "Primary Partitions", 4. I have; /, /boot, /home and /swap. Is there a tool I can use to remove /home and /swap from the primary partitions? And have them shared? I downloaded GParted. Thanks.