[sf-lug] getting tired of Silverlight...

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Tue Jan 20 16:25:51 PST 2009

Hi everybody,
I am quite honestly getting tired of Microsoft's Silverlight. A
colleague send me this link. http://www.cnn.com/themoment When I take
a look, it has something called PhotoSynth, which requires
Silverlight. This leads me to an install page, which then leads me to
a "See Novell" link. Upon "seeing Novell" I get a link to moonlight, a
Silverlight clone of some sort, I suppose. I install it in my browser,
but still, no luck.

This is just ridiculous! Of course, I could just avoid this whole web
thing and go live under a rock, but not quite in the mood for that
today. Anyone know of a group complaint form or some such thing so
that we can make a lot of complaints about this to sites like CNN?

I'm on Ubuntu 8.10

Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
San Francisco State University
San Francisco CA 94132 USA