[sf-lug] "Server" Hardware donation

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 13:28:54 PST 2009

hi,

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 9:48 AM, toya <toya at linefeed.org> wrote:

> Hi SFCCP has some servers also, I will go throught it during the
> weekend and see if we have something to donate.

I would be interested in getting one or two of those servers for our school
projects.  There is our 4.5 year-old public middle school project and there
is a project in the Mission for low-income Latinos that will be teaching
tech skills.  So if Tom is not in need of those servers for HVCC, our school
projects could use a decent server or two!

> Also we are organizing a TECH YARD SALE on jan 24 at MonkeyBrains.net
> office - folsom street corner with 6th.

Thanks, I will be there for that.  Will we need to move equipment off the
grounds at the end of the yard sale on Jan 24?  Should I try to get a truck
lined up?  Now that ACCRC.org is changing its business model, we will not be
able to count on them for machines beyond the end of this month, and our
hybrid clients are always keeling over.  At the beginning of the year we had
31 working boxes, now we are down to 29 machines.

> I will send more info about this to the list, it is a benefit to
> SFCCP but people are welcome to bring their stuff to sell if they want
> to. Also I believe great part of the 'left over' could be donated to
> the schools SF-LUG is working with. So, it is worthed for people to
> drop by and check out the hardware for sale.

Yeah, I will be there.  I look forward to your announcement!